Thursday, May 14, 2015

Blessings to Brighten the Way - The Walnut Acre Daily Thursday May 14, 2015

WORDS TO LIVE BY


Charm can fool you. Beauty fades.
    But a woman who has respect for the Lord should be praised.
Proverbs 31:32 NIRV

TODAY'S QUOTE

Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. ~ Khalil Gabrin

IN THE KITCHEN

Amanda fixed us a simple lunch today. This evening for dinner I made Creamy Chicken Enchilada Casserole and corn. I was planning to make a salad but time got away from me and I didn't get it made in time.

ANIMAL UPDATES

Amanda is still feeding this handsome Blue and Gold Macaw with a big personality. She enjoys it so much. 


YARD AND GARDEN

I was so excited to see my dad come over today to plow our gardens for us. We're planning to plant on Saturday.



PLAYING TOGETHER

I was at my sister's for awhile this afternoon and got to hang out with these cute little people.


OUT AND ABOUT

Austin had a dentist appointment this morning at 8:00. He wasn't impressed with how early it was but I wanted to get in and back out and get on with our day. It was still after 9:30 before we got to go. Other errands today were dropping off a book for a basket our Sunday School class put together for the 2015 Shenandoah District Disaster Ministries Auction and picking up some prescriptions at the pharmacy. 

READING AROUND THE WEB


Interesting perspective and information about GMOs - Missing the Point and Wasting Resources on Neurologica Blog

ON MY MIND

There are days when I wake up and the struggle to make sense of it all - all that life seems intent on throwing my way right now - just makes me want to crawl back under the covers, hide my head, and pretend like it's just not there. But then I realize it's not my job to make sense of it. All I have to do is put one foot in front of the other as I follow where He leads and leave it to Him to make sense of it all. And on this journey I get to enjoy all the blessings - big and small - that He sends my way to help give me courage to keep on keeping on. And if I make sure I keep my eyes open for those blessings I see them all around me every day.

DAILY DEALS




$10.00 off FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System$1.50 off 2 FoodSaver Bags or Rolls

LINKING HERE
MONDAY - Mommy Moments

No comments:

Post a Comment