Friday, March 13, 2015

Morning Musing Over Coffee - Happiness and Contentment




The foolish man seeketh happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet. ~ James Openheim

It is so easy sometimes to think of a lot of reasons I could be happy if only . . . 

If only I had more money, resources, friends, kids who showed more respect, etc., etc., ad nauseum. 

And the truth is, if I haven't learned to be happy with the blessings I've been given today, there's nothing I can be blessed with tomorrow that will make me happy either. The saying "happiness is a choice" is more than just a saying, it's a very important truth. 

For I have learned in whatsoever state I am in, therewith to be content. 
Philippians 4:11

But godliness with contentment is great gain.
1 Timothy 6:6

And having food and raiment, let us therewith be content. 
1 Timothy 6:8

Let your manner of living be without covetousness, and be content with such things as ye have. For He hath said, "I will never leave the nor forsake thee. "
Hebrews 13:5

LINKING HERE
FRIDAY - Fellowship Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment