Thursday, March 12, 2015

Morning Musing Over Coffee - Handling Criticism



To escape criticism - do nothing, say nothing, be nothing. ~ Elbert Hubbard

I do not handle criticism well. It's a fault of mine that I have to consciously work on. If I allow it too even the slightest hint of criticism can almost paralyze me. And even worse, sometimes I imagine criticism where there is none.  But I do know that constructive criticism can be very valuable and give me insight I need to grow and learn and become a better person. And I also know that other people's opinions do not change how God sees me.  Here is one verse that helps me when I begin to overreact to criticism. 

An I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ. 
Galatians 1:10

1 comment:

  1. A great verse for sure, love it and it's a reminder many of us need daily.

    ReplyDelete