Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Walnut Acre Daily Thursday August 8, 2013

WORDS TO LIVE BY

Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
  bind them around your neck,
    write them on the tablet of your heart.
Then you will win favor and a good name
    in the sight of God and man.
~ Proverbs 3:3-4

WORKING, LEARNING AND PLAYING TOGETHER

The last couple days have been quiet. Michael has been spending a lot of time with Doug while he works in outside and in the garage. 


IN THE KITCHEN



I made these Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes and they were very good. I love the fact that they are whole wheat. 

I also made Pepperoni Pasta Salad and used tomatoes from our garden. The garden has been a bit of a disappointment for me this year. I think I bit off more than I could chew, planted to much and it got away from me. But I was happy to pick these tomatoes even though they aren't all that pretty. They tasted good in the pasta salad. 


Michael decided he was hungry for pizza so he made himself some - with bread, butter, cheese and pepperoni. I put them in the oven for him and he ate them both. 

READING AROUND THE WEB




TODAY'S QUOTE

Your life may be the only Bible some people read. ~ Author Unknown

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to my blog today, Rose. Ya know, I too bit off more than I could chew with our garden this year. Even with the best planning in the spring, you just can't plan for what you need/don't need in summer! It's always sweet to see father-son time. What a fine young man you have raised.

    ReplyDelete