Thursday, June 13, 2013

Pursuing a Calling You Do Not Understand

I've read or heard Hebrews 11 so often that I sometimes find myself skimming over it or tuning out simply because I am so familiar both with this passage and with the stories mentioned in it. But as I read it one morning recently it suddenly became very vivid to me. These are some truly amazing things done through people of God because of their faith. And I'm talking about truly mind blowing.


The story of Noah is one of my favorite. I imagine him building day after day, even though he could not really comprehend what is was God was telling him, yet remaining faithful. There is a sign I often see in the little town I live in that says - "They laughed at Noah too - until it rained." Because of Noah's faith he was able to build an architectural marvel and to save the lives of his family. And through saving the life of his family he preserved the future of the human race - their continuance and the hope of their salvation.

 Never underestimate the power of obedience through faith to a calling you do not completely understand.    Click to Tweet


And Noah is just one person listed in this chapter -Abel, Enoch Abraham, Sarah, Moses, Gideon, David, Rahab, Joshua, Mary - and the list goes on and on. Every one of them ordinary people, people like you and me who could have just gone on being ordinary people, but instead chose to live by faith and choose the extraordinary.


I for one want to live in the extraordinary! How about you? I would love to hear from you in the comments.

~ Linking Here ~
No Ordinary Blog Hop,  Wednesday - A Little R and R, Friday - Fellowship Fridays

No comments:

Post a Comment