Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Sunday April 15, 2012

For Today


Outside my window . . . sunny, breezy and 79 degrees.


I am thinking . . . that it has been such a restful, relaxing day. 


 I am thankful . . . for the eight dozen eggs my sister brought us this afternoon.


In the kitchen . . . we had a pork roast, potatoes, mixed berries and chocolate cake for lunch. For dinner CJ is making us meatballs sub and salad.


I am creating . . . plans and schedules for the upcoming week.


We are going . . . we went to church this morning. The Special Olympics choir sang during the worship service and brought tears to many eyes. They received a well deserved standing ovation during their last song. 


I am looking forward to . . . a week full of adventures. I don't know yet what they'll be but I'm sure we'll have some. It seems like we always do.


Around the house . . . Doug is relaxing, Amanda is in her room, Austin is watching Sold and building with Legos, Michael is playing with his guitar and CJ is frying meatballs. CJ's hamster is rolling around the kitchen in the Run-About Ball that he bought for it to play in. 






A favorite quote for today . . . If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~ Bob Hope


I am pondering . . . Prayer and Fruit Bearing. 


A peek into my day . . .


2 comments:

  1. Rose, your supper/dinner sounds so delicious! And 8 dozen eggs. Oh my! What will you do with them all?

    Have a lovely Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eggs disappear around here fast. Hardboiled eggs are a big favorite, but we also like egg casseroles, egg salad, deviled eggs, . . . the list goes on and on. And since there are six of us living here plus another five or so who come for daycare they definitely do not go to waste. :-)

      Delete